We use materials from a variety of top quality suppliers:
We carry a large selection of mouldings to fit every need. From contemporary to traditional, rustic to ornate we have unique options that will enhance your artwork. We feature the following moulding vendors in our showroom:
- Designer Woods
We also carry the Concerto line of exclusive Closed-Corner frames which will give any piece museum-quality appearance.
Mats can significantly enhance the look of your finished piece by bringing out the colors and textures of the artwork and the frame. We only use acid- and lignin-free mats that will protect your art over its lifetime. We offer the following matting options:
- Paper mats from a variety of manufacturers. Thicknesses available are 4- and 8-ply. Black, white, and color cores are available.
- Fabric mats from a variety of providers. Available in 4-ply in many textures, including suede, linen, and denim.
- Hand-wrapped fabric mats. We carry Frank's Fabrics and Framing Fabrics swatches for your selection. Theses fabrics can be hand-wrapped onto 4 or 8 ply mats to perfectly complement your artwork and are available in Museum quality pH varieties.
- 4 ply Specialty mats are available in a variety of styles including leathers, metallics, marbled papers, and textures such as leaf patterns, rice paper, and wovens.
Liners sit inside the frame to create a kind of "matting" for art that may not have glass, such as an oil painting. This look creates a richer feeling than just placing a frame directly on the art. A plain wood liner, available in a variety of shapes and sizes, is hand-wrapped with the fabric of your choice. We wrap our liners with one continuous piece of fabric so that there are no seams showing in the corners. Liners can also be used effectively around 3-dimensional objects and can have glass placed over them, as well.
A great way to add depth and richness to your art! Fillets basically are "mini-frames" that are used either inside a frame or a mat to enhance the art. You can take a simple wood frame and add a gold fillet to the inside, for example, to create a different look. A fillet treatment on the inside of a mat creates another frame for the art. We carry a variety of fillets in many colors.
We offer many glazing options including a variety of glasses as well as plexi-glass:
- Museum - the highest quality anti-reflective glass available! Provides an ultra protective, nearly invisible lite of clear glass. It protects against harmful light rays and has the highest light transmission along with the lowest reflection rating of any other glass product. We highly recommend this glass option and offer a complimentary can of Larson-Juhl non-ammonia glass cleaner (a $5 value) with each purchase of Museum glass.
- Conservation Reflection Control - chemically etched on one side scattering light as it strikes the glass. Blocks 98% of harmful indoor and outdoor UV light rays. This glass does have a "hazy" cast to it, unlike Museum's clarity, but it does reduce glare significantly.
- Conservation Clear - acts as a sunscreen for art blocking 98% of harmful indoor and outdoor UV light rays. This glass option enhances true colors and provides conservation protection without glare protection.
- Premium Clear - basic glass that does not provide any glare or UV protection. We do not recommend this option as it provides no protection against fading.
- Plexiglass Conservation Reflection Control - provides a lightweight alternative to glass that is great for children's rooms, above beds, or for large pieces of artwork. 98% protection against harmful indoor and outdoor UV light rays along with a matte finish for glare-free viewing. Can have a "hazy" cast to it! This Plexiglass is sensitive to scratching and should be cleaned with a special cleaner and a soft rag!
- Plexiglass Conservation Clear - 98% protection against harmful indoor and outdoor UV light rays. Does not have glare protection.
- Plexiglass Reflection Control – Matte finish for glare-free viewing without UV protection. Can have a "hazy" cast to it!
- Plexiglass Premium Clear - basic plexiglass that does not provide any glare or UV protection. We do not recommend this option as it provides no protection against fading.